Monday, June 25, 2012

Eating Healthy

Photo credit: Why Detox dot net
I am on a group on Facebook which supports those who are trying to take off weight. This morning a post motivated me to write this blog about retraining our selves to eat healthy.

I did just that years ago, no it was not easy, it a year for my mouth to stop watering when I crossed paths with certain foods. I refused to give up, knowing I had to make changes about how I saw food, and what it is for. We are all different and what works for one person will not necessarily work for another. I have decided to seek out some tools which may aid in not only taking the weight off, but keeping it off.

The first thing that must be done is to only keep healthy foods in your home, I have two boys, 15 and 13, and they eat what is here. They do not need to be eating unhealthy any more than we do, so do not use children as an excuse to keep unhealthy foods.

While I do not stick to any plans I write down this may be a good route for others to take.

Online Meal Planners

Daily Meal Planner, need to sign up to use, free.

Seven Online Meal & Menu Planning Tools includes some online and some phone apps.

Eating Well Menu Planner free registration required for use.

Planned out Meals

28 Day Meal Plans from Eating Well, there are a variety of choices here great selection. I also agree with the choices they have made for the meals.

 Healthy recipes. 

Skinny Taste

My Healing Kitchen has recipes geared towards specific issues such as menopause, weight loss, insomnia, arthritis, and more.

Hungry Girl

Here are some more online tools you may find useful.

Weight Loss, Health and Exercise Tools

WebMD Food & Fitness Planner

Free Diet & Weight Loss Journal includes apps

My Calorie Calender

FitWatch Weight Loss & Fitness Tools and Calculators Breakdown

All around great health and fitness sites

Fitness Magazine

Self Magazine




No comments:

Post a Comment