Just because you are eating a diet in vegetables does not mean you are eating healthier if they are genetically mutant organisms, and laden with pesticides. So, you wash your vegetables, but many are injected with pesticides, so when they are used it will not harm the plant, but will you.
The best way to make sure you are not be poisoned by your food is to eat organic. While organic has its issues it is better than the GMO junk which contains other unhealthy chemicals.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup which is contaminated with mercury, also comes from corn which is 86% genetically mutant. You will find this in breads, sauces, condiments, pop, candy, and more read the label, and run.
- They also contain sugar which comes from the sugar beet which is 95% genetically modified.
- Many contain some type of soy, soy lecithin, or soybean oil, 93% of all soy is genetically modified. Some may contain either cottonseed oil, or canola oil, 90% of canola is genetically modified, while 93% of all cotton products are modified.
- Mono-sodium glutamate may be lurking disguised as natural flavoring, or glutamic acid. This ingredient is known to promote growth of cancer, and also aids to spread cancer cells.
- Aspartame is found as a sugar substitute in no sugar added products, and is deadly.
- Artificial coloring makes foods look pretty, but did you know that they are made from chemicals which are derived from petroleum? Which are also used to make gasoline, tar, diesel fuel, and asphalt.
Let me share my personal experience with GMO junk, and real food. I have worked out, and watched what I ate for over 20 years. I learned what I could eat, how much weight I could gain, and how to exercise to maintain my ideal weight. Last year, I found that a normal meal I would eat no longer satisfied me, thus I started gaining weight that my normal work out routine did not effect.
I started learning about GMOs, and learned the reason I was not satisfied after a meal was because the food I was eating no longer contained the vitamins and minerals our bodies need. Here I was thinking my body needed more food!! We started eating all organic, and the weight dropped right off with out changing anything. Now I have more energy, and feel better than I have felt in awhile.
GMOs are also known to cause violent behavior. My teens would physically fight at least once a month. I have noticed that this has not happened in months. It could be because they are older now, but I think the GMOs did have something to do with it. Additional hormones in food can cause a host of problems in the body, I believe that is the cause for the violent behavior.
Eating out has become a challenge, but we have 3 restaurants we will eat at. Even still there is only one thing we will eat at them, fish. One time we strayed from this rule, and found our selves sick later that evening. Won't make that mistake again.
This post was featured on the Let's Get Real Party, by Gaye of Calm Healthy Sexy, thanks Gaye.