Monday, May 12, 2014

Vacation, News & Vegan Spread/Dip


My beautiful girl
 I just spent a great week in Tennessee with the most amazing people. First stop was West Tennessee to see my beautiful girl, and my step sons beautiful family. We were only there for two full days, but we had a great time.

My daughter and I had some great girl time shopping, and she did my nails for my step son's graduation. The teens stayed with her and they stayed up until the wee hours of the morning playing video games and watching movies. She was most generous to give up her king size bed for them, and take the couch.

We are thinking about moving back which I would so love. Being closer to my girl, and the southern man's family would be great. That is in the future, I pray.




We visited the southern man's son and his beautiful family. There is Ethan who we met for the first time. A walk to the lake, it was great to walk those Tennessee hills again.






They have three boys, but the oldest was in school. These kids are so lucky to have such awesome parents. Both of them are in the medical field, they have different schedules so one of them is always with the kids. The next day mom had to work so it was dad who had the boys. We had breakfast with them, and then I was off to visit with my girl while the teens hung out with southern man at the hotel.


The 17 year old was being a bugger bear and wouldn't participate in our photo shoot, can you believe that young man is only 15? Actually southern man and I both forget the camera at home, so he bought a new one and was trying some things out. After our girl time some pizza for them, we went to see the southern man's oldest grand-son at his Tae Kwon Do class.



From West Tennessee we headed to East Tennessee for southern man's youngest son's graduation from med school. He recently became engaged to the young woman he has been dating while there.

Don't you just love their graduation attire, she took hers off, I think it might have been because she fell and hurt her hand. Good thing they are both doctors, she is in pediatrics, and he is in emergency. I love that he is open to alternative medicine, but don't know if he will use it or not.

Okay now for the news, while I was on vacation I did alot of praying on a job. We will loose half of our income at the end of the year, and I have been thinking about ways to make it up. I have been doing some freelance writing, but that is not going to cut it.  So, through pray I have decided to follow the Father's plan for my life and write books. That means less time for blogging, blog hops, link ups, g+, and Facebook. I will miss these things as I consider other bloggers to be family. I love reading blogs, learning from them, as well as sharing in other bloggers lives. However, this is what I have been created to do, and love doing.

So, you might be wondering what I will be writing, well first is a book I started about my life from a non-believer to a believer. Next I want to write a cook book, while on vacation I read two great books, they were small and one was a cook book, that have inspired me to create new tasty dishes. Just today I created a vegan dip/spread that came out amazing.

Does that look good to you? I think I also need to work on my photo skills, trying. Maybe I need to check out the new camera there is alot more you can do with it.


I love this recipe, I am not posting it here for two reasons. First I might use it for a freelancing job, and two it will go in the book. However, I will tell you what I used vegan cream cheese, vegan mozzarella cheese and vegan mayo, salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chives, flax seeds, bee pollen, nutritional yeast, carrots, onion, cauliflower, cucumber, tomato, greens, red and green pepper.

As you can see from the photo it can be used as a dip or a spread. I spread some on a wrap, It was messy, but so freaking good, next time I will use less spread. I think a combination of the spread and the juices from the cucumber and tomato are what made it so messy.










No comments:

Post a Comment