Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oh No You Just Didn't!!

Photo Credit: Four Four Two dot com Love it!!!
One thing that used to totally bug me when I had extra weight was people saying to me mostly woman, "You would be so pretty if you were thinner." Seriously did you just say that? I mean really you have control over how your body looks, for the most part, but my face is not going to change except maybe get a little thinner. And seriously I'm still the same person on the inside.

Oh and then there are those shallow males that wanted nothing to do with me until I dropped the weight. I mean really, you wouldn't even give me the time of day before and now you think I'm going to go out with you, I'm thinking not! Both of the men I married, married me when I had extra weight on a true sign they loved me for who I was and found me attractive just the way I was.

These days when I discuss my eating habits and working out with others I get a new reaction, "But you are so thin." Well how do you think I look the way I do? I am not sitting on the couch eating chocolate bon bons watching One Life to Live. Why do people assume because you are thin you don't have to work at it? Sometimes I wish I could eat whatever I want or not have to exercise, but I look in the mirror and see defined muscles and run to work out.

The biggest thing I have learned through the years is that I am who I am and beautiful just the way I am. I work out because I like the way I look and the way I feel. If you have a problem with the way I look, then don't look I'm not doing it for you.

For some reason I just feel like venting today.


No comments:

Post a Comment