|Photo credit: Hybrid Rasta Mama & It's Your Life|
Thank you Joyce for not only hosting a guest post from me but also for hosting a giveaway of my new Ebook: Coconut Oil For Your Skin- Nourishing Your Body From The Outside In! I am so excited to be here and hope that your readers gain a little insight into the wonders of coconut oil.
Thank you Jennifer for sharing your knowledge about coconut oil, and allowing me to both review and giveaway a copy of your ebook. I asked you to guest blog because the blog I wrote on stretch marks is at this time the most popular here. So, my beautiful friends be prepared to learn a whole lot about coconut oil today, and read the end of the blog to find out how you can win both Jennifer's ebook of amazing recipes and a one quart jar of coconut oil complainants of Tropical Traditions.
If you were to visit my blog and do a search for coconut oil, you would quickly discover that I live and breathe by it. It honestly is magical. Ok – maybe not magical but darn close.
You see, coconut oil is nature’s perfect healer. It works inside the body and it works outside the body. It has hundreds of uses. (I even wrote about 160 Uses For Coconut Oil).
Offering a myriad of health benefits, coconut oil is affordable, readily available and completely natural. I use it for EVERYTHING. Literally. I buy it in 5 gallon increments and keep it all over my house. I even have some in the car. So here is a little information to inspire you to check out this amazing oil!
Coconut Oil Is:
· Anti-bacterial (kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum diseases, and other bacterial infections)
· Anti-carcinogenic (coconut oil has antimicrobial properties so it effectively prevents the spread of cancer cells and enhances the immune system)
Anti-fungal (kills fungi and yeast that lead to infection)
Anti-fungal (kills fungi and yeast that lead to infection)
· Anti-inflammatory (appears to have a direct effect in suppressing inflammation and repairing tissue, and it may also contribute by inhibiting harmful intestinal microorganisms that cause chronic inflammation.)
· Anti-microbial/Infection Fighting (the medium-chain fatty acids and monoglycerides found in coconut oil are the same as those in human mother's milk, and they have extraordinary antimicrobial properties. By disrupting the lipid structures of microbes, they inactivate them. About half of coconut oil consists of lauric acid. Lauric acid, its metabolite monolaurin and other fatty acids in coconut oil are known to protect against infection from bacteria, viruses, yeast, fungi and parasites. While not having any negative effect on beneficial gut bacteria, coconut oil inactivates undesirable microbes.)
· An Antioxidant (protects against free-radical formation and damage)
· Anti-parasitic (fights to rid the body of tapeworms, lice and other parasites)
· Anti-protozoa (kills giardia, a common protozoan infection of the gut)
· Anti-retroviral (kills HIV and HLTV-1)
· Anti-viral (kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other viruses)
· Infection fighting
· Has no harmful for discomforting side effects
· Known to improve nutrient absorption (easily digestible; makes vitamins and minerals more available to the body)
· Nontoxic to humans and animals
I have been dabbling in the fine art of making personal care products (aka toiletries) for over 10 years. I have made everything from shampoo to body wash to lotions and exfoliating scrubs. I never seemed to find the right blend of butters and oils and it was incredibly frustrating. Then, I discovered the amazing healing powers of coconut oil a couple of years ago.
Coconut oil is the most nourishing oil you can put onto your skin and into your body. Pure virgin (unrefined) coconut oil is the best natural ingredient for skin lotion. It prevents destructive free-radical formation and provides protection against them. It can help to keep the skin from developing liver spots, and other blemishes caused by aging and over exposure to sunlight. It helps to keep connective tissues strong and supple so that the skin doesn't sag and wrinkle.
The small molecular structure of coconut oil allows for easy absorption through the skin and into the cell structure of the connective tissues. This means that it has the ability to actually restore damaged or diseased skin. Coconut oil will also have lasting benefits, unlike most lotions. It can help bring back a youthful appearance. The coconut oil will aid in removing the outer layer of dead skin cells, making the skin smoother. The skin will become more evenly textured with a healthy "shine". While doing this the coconut oil will penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin and strengthen the underlying tissues.
So many people have sensitive skin and skin allergies these days. It’s not a big surprise as most skin care products are filled with skin damaging ingredients. There is nothing beneficial about a product that uses chemicals, additives, preservatives, and synthetic fragrances. Even the toughest skin will eventually be negatively impacted by all of the human-made ingredients. Our bodies simply were not designed to absorb the high levels of chemical concoctions present in almost everything sold on stores shelves.
Let me scare you for a second… If you have an allergic reaction to a skin care product OR a skin condition characterized by dry, rough, scaly, and itchy skin, you basically now have a defect in skin barrier function. ANYTHING, yes ANYTHING can invade your body. Dry skin, open sores, rough patches and the like are like an open door inviting bacteria to set up shop and do some damage. Do you REALLY want to take the chance of foreign invaders creeping in through your skin? All because you HAD to have the heavily marketed “wonder cream” that would keep your skin healthy and youthful!
Coconut oil needs to be present in every product you put onto your skin! This will offer you as close to full protection as possible. This is also why I have worked so hard to create recipes for personal care products that incorporate coconut oil.
Why should you invest your precious time and resources into making your own skin care products? Easy – homemade products are free of added chemicals, dyes, synthetics, and other nasty stuff most commercial products have. They are also very cost effective. It might not seem like it at first but you will come to realize that a little product goes a long way and that your ingredients will really be able to stretch.
Why should you invest in MY Ebook? I’ll give you 3 reasons.
1. The 40 recipes in this Ebook are all simple to make. I made sure of that. I know that I do not have the time to sit in the kitchen for 8 hours trying to concoct a 4 ounce jar of face wash.
2. The ingredients in the recipes are all readily available at health food stores and online. I have no interest in sending anyone on a wild goose chase for elusive and exotic ingredients.
3. Every single one of my products work and they work great! Scratch that – they are fantastic. Plus, they are all customizable. You can pretty much use any essential oils of your choice should you decide to do something different than what I suggest.
Just in case those reasons were not compelling enough, Coconut Oil For Your Skin also offers information on carrier oils, butters, and essential oils. I even included a pretty cool chart outlining both the physical and emotional benefits of the essential oils called for in the recipes. I also discuss storage of finished products as well as ingredients. Seriously – I did not leave anything out.
That all sounds great but I am sure you are wondering about the recipes themselves. What can you expect to find in the Ebook?
· 8 recipes for the bath/shower;
· 6 recipes for body care products like lotions and creams including a cellulite cream and an eczema salve;
· 6 recipes dedicated to your face;
· 5 shampoo recipes;
· 4 recipes that serve as conditions and hair treatments;
· 5 lip balms and;
· 6 miscellaneous recipes such as insect repellant, deodorant, wart remover, “love potion,” toothpaste, and a PMS blend.
So what are you waiting for? Go get yourself a copy of this wonderful collection of simple, gentle, and nourishing recipes that your entire body will love! It is priced super low for a limited time. Visit MY EBOOK STORE Page to purchase the Ebook using PayPal.
Follow Hybrid Rasta Mama on Pinterest
Follow Hybrid Rasta Mama on Twitter