Friday, December 18, 2015

Spaghetti Squash & Quinoa Fritter Pancakes

I had bought some spaghetti squash and wanted to make a dish with eggs. After searching I found a recipe for fritters to draw from and went with it. I am a fly by the seat of my pants cook thanks to my southern man, so you will not find a lot of measurements here.


Ingredients 

Cooked spaghetti squash
Quinoa
Kale
4 Organic eggs
3 Tbsp gluten free flour
Shredded cheese
Seasonings: Sea salt, pepper, dill, chives, all purpose seasoning, minced onion, minced garlic

Of course you can use whatever seasonings you like. I learned this trick from a chef on how to test to make sure a dish is seasoned correctly. Heat up a pan with butter or coconut oil making sure it is good and hot. Take a small amount of the combined ingredients and cook it in the pan. Taste and see if you need more seasoning or not. This has saved me from creating bland dishes. If you need to add more seasoning do another test. Once you are happy with the seasonings simply cook a bigger one until brown and crisp on both sides.

I didn't want fritters so I made mine into pancakes. My teen and I agreed they tasted very much like potato pancakes and wanted to top them off with applesauce. However, we did not have any, but we tried them with sour cream. It was okay, but I think applesauce would have pleased my taste buds more.

Do you have any tips for testing your seasonings?


1 comment:

  1. hi Joyce,
    I love spaghetti squash and this recipe sounds super delicious and healthy. Thanks for sharing. Pinned & tweeted.

    ReplyDelete