Saturday, September 13, 2014

Mashed Cauliflower with Veggies & Cheese (GF) (DF)

I have fallen in love with mashed cauliflower, but became tired of eating it the same way all the time. So, yesterday I created a new dish pretty simple really. I had some green beans from the garden and decided to use those. Than I remembered the other day I had a taste for corn so I threw that in.

We have Bible study on Saturdays and I was going to do something else until I found out taco salad was being served. I decided to make some cheese using nutritional yeast and spice it up for a Mexican flare. Then I thought how perfect is this for the 21 Day Fix, especially if someone who is vegan is doing it. Thus this post was born.

Mashed Cauliflower and Veggies

1 Head of cauliflower
Corn
Green beans
Salt, pepper, garlic, all purpose seasoning, celery salt, onion powder

My green beans and corn were frozen so I just threw them in the pot with the cauliflower and cooked them until the cauliflower was tender. After it was cooked I cut up the green beans you could do this before. After the vegetables are cooked add the seasonings to taste and with a fork mash up the cauliflower.

While the vegetables were cooking I was busy making pancakes and the cheese.

Nutritional Yeast Cheese

3/4 Cups of filtered water or choice of milk
6 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp non-dairy butter I used soy free Earth Balance
1 Tbsp gluetin free flour I used Bob's Red Mill corn flour
Salt and pepper to taste along with other seasonings of choice

Melt the butter in a pot and combine the flour and water/milk together in a separate bowl and whisk together. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and whisk over medium heat until it thickens. It will also thicken more as it cools so if it is not real thick not to worry. Once it cools add whatever other seasonings you want to taste.

Because I wanted mine to go along with the taco salad I added cayenne and Tabasco sauce. This one thing I love about this recipe is you can customize it anyway you want. It also makes a great dip for nachos, or raw vegetables, use your imagination. Use this as lunch, dinner, or a snack.




To finish this dish off for tonight I am going to saute some mushrooms and onions in some butter and garlic. Because the mushrooms have so much water this will be enough to saute both. Once that is done I am going to poor everything into the vegetables and mix it together. The cheese I made is spicy and because there will be children there I am leaving the vegetables and cheese separate.





Do you like my image? I created it on Polyvore, wondering if anyone else uses Polyvore to create images for their blog, or even know about it? Post coming soon on how to use Polyvore to create graphics for your blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment