Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tae Bo For Home Work Outs

Photo credit: LAs the Place dot com
As much as I love Cathe' I love Billy Blanks from Tae Bo, a tad more. I earned my brown belt in Tae Kwon Do, I had to quit with only a year to my black, but that story is not what this blog is about. This blog is why I love Tae Bo so much, and why you should check into it if your physically fit to do Tae Bo. That did not come out the way I meant it, some people just are not able to do Tae Bo for health reasons, this may or may not be you.

Okay so I found that through Tae Kwon Do I had eliminated all the fat on my legs, which is not much to begin with. You see all my weight gathers in my lower abs, my first husband said it was because my legs were long and the food has a fear of heights. Anyway, I used to do Tae Kwon Do twice a week, than tone at home for three days. I noticed my body was toning all over, well not so much the abs, but my obliges did.

Photo credit; Kung Fu magazine
Above is a picture of an excellent side kick, when toning however, height is not needed. The side kick is one of the best moves you can do for over all body toning. Notice how tight her body is from under her arm through to her outer and inner thigh including her buttocks. When performing the side kick all those body muscles are working, just remember to suck in those abs, and breath.

Photo credit: Physical arts dot com




The image above is a reverse punch, notice how their is a twist in the hips? This movement when done correctly will work your arms, upper back, and your obliques, your sides. One error I notice in this image is in step two, see how the arm is extended all the way out? You do not want to do this, it locks the joint which can, and will cause damages, never ever lock your joints.

A lot of people I have talked to who did not have a background in martial arts tell me they hurt them selves while doing Tae Bo. Another thing to notice is the foot position, see how in image number two he is pivoting on his back foot, this is proper form. Improper form in any exercise being performed can lead to injury. I wish this site had more like this, because it also had an animated version. At any rate if you are not sure you are performing a move the right way pause the DVD, and look closer at the foot, and/or are position. Billy has tips on YouTube for various martial arts movements, this will be a great resource.

So, I have been thinking about which DVD is my favorite, and have decided that I do not have one, they are all awesome!! The clip below is from Billy's BootCamp, Ultimate BootCamp, here he uses resistance bands which really amps things up. Great if you are looking for a challenge, I love Tae Bo, not only because it is a great work out, but it is also great for stress relief. Just punch and kick all that negative energy away.

If you already do Tae Bo, please share with me what is your favorite?






18 comments:

  1. I remembered Billy Blanks first video, the one that made him famous. It resulted in a lot of injuries but also a lot fun and put cardio kickboxing on the map. After his first video, he actually added in a long warm-up and prompts about correct movement and modifications. I liked his first advanced one, I made my own modifications LOL. Thanks for visiting WOW and when you have the time check out The Frugal Exerciser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I haven't done Tae Bo in a MINUTE but I have several of the FFFC readers who still do it to this day and swear by it!!! I applaud you because his workouts are definitely NOT EASY! Trust me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curleedst, thanks for stopping by. Some of his work outs I have stopped doing because they became to easy. Yes, in the beginning they are a challenge, and that is why I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was inspired to become a fitness instructor and personal trainer after taking classes like Cardio Kickbox in college. During breaks I would use Billy Blanks Tae Bo!!!! Sadly, the copy is a VHS at my parents house, because now I want to go find it again. Absolutely love him :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spammers, stop putting spam on my blog, advertise your web site somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Tae Bo! I'm actually trying to stick to a schedule right now to lose weight by doing it at least 5 days a week. I'm in week 3, and I'm actually doing pretty well. I have lost a total of 3.5 inches and 3.2 lbs in the first 2 weeks, so I reckon it's working fairly well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it Jennifer, it is a great full body workout, have a great weekend.

      Delete