Thursday, August 28, 2014

Scrambled Veggies With Sun Dried Tomatoes


Last Saturday we attended Bible study at a friend's house. She made zucchini, squash with dried tomatoes it was delicious on my salad. Others had it with noodles, but I don't eat 'em. So, I got an idea of my own from her.

I bought some zucchini and squash, and then cooked them up with some mushrooms and onions in butter. As I went along I seasoned them with salt, garlic, pepper, and all purpose seasoning. I put them away for the night to eat the next day. Southern man and I have the same conversation every morning he is not working. "What are you having this morning?" "I don't know what are you having?" "I don't know?"

Well this particular morning I said "Hey!!" "How about I take the vegetables I made yesterday and put them in with some eggs?" "Yeah that sounds good?"

I know it doesn't look real good, but it was here is what I did.

1 Medium zucchini
1 Medium squash
Mushrooms
Onions
Butter
6 Organic cage free eggs
Sun dried tomatoes

Peel the skin from the zucchini and squash, or not. In a pan melt enough butter to cover the bottom of the pan, sprinkle with salt. Put the zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and onions in the pan. Add other seasonings to taste and stir, continue to stir occasionally so it will not stick or burn.

Scramble 6 eggs in some melted butter and season as you normally would. If you just add salt and pepper consider adding some garlic and all purpose seasoning. Once the eggs are done add the vegetables and some sun dried tomatoes, and mix together, Serve and enjoy something different.






7 comments:

  1. Actually, this sounds like a great omlet to me!! I love vegetable omlets and this one sounds like a winner. :) Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce,
    Sounds delicious - love adding the sun dried tomato and zucchini. Shared on Twitter & Pinterest. Have a healthy happy weekend. Marla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leftover veggies make the Best Omlettes! I know what's for breakfast now.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Hi Joyce,
    What healthy and delicious comfort food! Thank you for sharing your Scrambled Veggies With Sun Dried Tomatoes with us at the Healthy, Happy, Green and Natural Party Blog Hop. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds good to me. I love sun dried tomatoes! Thanks for linking up with us at Foodie Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sun dried tomatoes! Thanks for coming and linking up at The Weekend Social. All posts get pinned in our pinterest board! Please be sure to come back next week starting Thursdays at 9PM EST on culinaryflavors.gr ! I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete