Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Eating for a Flat Belly?


 I'm sure we have all seen the ad about eating these foods for a flat stomach. There is truth in being able to eat for a flat stomach, but it really isn't the food. Well, okay it is, but more so it is the order in which we eat our food. We all know our bodies use various enzymes to break our food down.

Turns out some foods are broken down faster like fruit and vegetables. While meat, and fats take the longest, so if you eat meat, and later eat fruit or vegetables, the fruit or vegetables will be standing in line to be digested. During this process fruits and vegetables will sit and start to ferment. Our stomach temperature is 98 degrees which aids in the fermentation process, in turn it starts to turn into alcohol and gas which thus can transform into FAT!

I want to mention that it is important when eating vegetables to make sure you chew them up real good. Our digestive systems has a harder time breaking down fiber. It is also important to chew your food because the enzymes in our saliva help to start breaking down the foods that we eat.

Turns out it may not be what we are eating that is causing us to have fat, but the order in which we are eating our food. Now that is not to say you can eat whatever you want as long as it is in the right order and never end up with fat. Of course it is just as important to be aware of what we are eating along with the order we are eating foods, and exercise.

That being said I have been fascinated with the whole eating in order and combined eating process. Through the book "Food Combining ," and videos I have learned alot. I never cease to be amazed at how intricate our bodies are. It also amazes me that doctors never check our PH level, talk to us about probiotics, or mention how we should eat.

Oh important you do not want to eat startches with meats/fats they cancel out each others enzyme. What???? No steak with a baked potato? This explains alot about why we feel a certain way after we are done eating items together we shouldn't be.

So, recap vegetables, and fruits first, yes you can do a smoothie. Carbs and meats/fats seperate, and always always chew your food. Well that is it for now, but I have learned more so hope to bring that to you soon.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce,
    I am glad you shared this important topic with us on the Healthy, Happy, Green and Natural Blog Hop! So many of us are generally unaware of the impact that food combinations, order of ingestion and improper chewing have on digestion, nutrient absorption and our bellies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Deborah, no I don't think they do I know I didn't. Had to yell at myself today as I ate my fruit after my protein, and fats ugh.

      Delete
  2. Great information, Joyce. Thanks for sharing. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great points. I am continually working on these concepts for my belly.

    ReplyDelete