Wednesday, March 12, 2014

An Acidic Diet Is Unheathy

Photo credit

Most people, me included, don't realize how complex our bodies truly are, and what they need to function to their full potential. My herbalist blames the majority of health issues on our diets being to acidic. As I started researching this fact it turns out he is right, and my diet, even though organic (real food), is to acidic.

Our bodies are like a swimming pool, our PH levels have to be maintained or a whole host of health issues can arise. This means we need to make sure we are feeding our bodies more alkaline foods verses acidic. The two health stores in my area both offer free PH testing strips. A perfect PH test would be a 7 meaning our body is neither to acidic or alkaline. The test is easy it can be done using urine, or saliva.


Photo credit

It is important to eat as many alkaline foods, and drinks as possible. It was scary to find out that for every part of acidic food or drink we take in it takes 20 alkaline parts to balance it out, or 33 gallons of water. When our bodies contain to much acid it will take alkaline from where ever it can in the body to neutralize it. This can be from other organs, cells, vitamins, or minerals, when it does this it leaves us open to all kinds of health issues. The chart above lists many different foods, but there are some I eat I don't see. What I will do is search the food I am eating to see if it is alkaline or acidic. I eat quinoa which is not on the list, but know from past research that it is alkaline, so all you quinoa eaters keep eating it.

Acid is also let out from the body through our bowels, urination, breathing, and sweat. We should have at least 3-5 bowel movements a day, urinate regularly, and sweat, this is just another reason to work out. If your current diet leaves you drained, over weight, and sick odds are you are to acidic. Acid is stored in fat cells usually in the hips, abs, breasts, buttocks, and thighs. So, if these areas prove over problematic for you no matter what you do, guess what? You got it you are probably to acidic.

Recently I started getting these sores on my finger tips, I had wondered what was going on. Turns out when our bodies are to acidic, and because one way of getting rid of the acid is through our skin, that I am to acidic. If you have skin issues such as acne, gout, eczema, headaches, cramps, inflammation, boils, and on, and on you are to acidic.

 It was also interesting to note that it is not just what we eat and drink that puts acid into our bodies, but also stress, and negativity in our lives.

I read various articles, and watched various videos on the topic, but found one article that had it all "What is Acidosis - The Problem of an Acidic Lifestyle."  One of the videos I watched also stated that we can take a liquid form of PH to put in our water. If you decide to purchase some liquid PH please, please, please go to a reputable health store, and not GNC, Walmart, Walgreens etc. Those chain stores do not carry organic, or junk free products, and you could be harming your self even more.


)







2 comments:

  1. What a fascinating piece! I, too, have been having trouble with my fingers for several months now and have been trying to find an answer. I'm gonna try eating more alkaline foods for a while to see if it clears up. Thank you for the valuable information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started incorporating quinoa once a day. The one finger is just about healed, and the one that started, stopped, and started healing. I'm going to start making a batch of quinoa every week, and continue to add to my other dishes.

    ReplyDelete