Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Chest Exercises

Photo credit
Women spend money to lift their breasts if it be buying the best bra to lift and shape or more dramatically surgery.  Still battling failing electrolytes I have noticed the girls heading south. While I am not back to my regular exercise routine there are some things I am doing. No I'm not using the truck on the left to boost the girls. However, there are two  exercises I am doing at least four times a week helping the girls back up north where they belong.

Note these are not the only chest exercises or variations, but for now I'm sticking to the basics. 

The first is a chest fly, I use 5 lbs weights for this, beginners start with three or none. There are various ways to do this exercise, I just lay on the floor. To give you an idea of other ways of doing them I have posted some images, all in all the movement is the same.

Photo credit




Photo credit

Photo credit


You could also use a straight bench to do these as well. Important breath out through your nose while bringing the dumbbells up, and out through the nose going down. Pull your abdominals in, and make sure that your feet are in front of your knees, the above image is wrong. As you bring the dumbbells up be sure to contract your pectoral muscles (chest muscles.) If you are losing control of the weights put them down or use lighter weights. I started out doing 16, and now I am at 25, however to be correct per the fitness world you should do three sets of 16. All of these steps need to be done together for the exercise to work effectively, so you will be busy making sure your form is correct. Also do not over extend or lock your elbows, you should notice results within a week if you do this at least four times a week. One more thing if you are new to the stability ball I do not recommend using the ball for these, if you do make sure to keep your upper back, head, and shoulders on the ball.

The second exercise I have been doing is just a basic chest press, also on the floor. However you can do these using a bench or stability ball as well.

Photo credit


Photo credit

Photo credit


I use 8 lbs weights for this exercise, or 10 lbs at the gym. Same rules apply suck your abdominals in breath out through the mouth on the way up, and in through the nose on the way down. In the image with the stability ball it looks like her elbows are locked on the up position, do not lock your joints ever. If you notice the female on the stability ball has her feet under her knees you  could do this however, you will need to really concentrate on keeping your balance. Seeing how this about working the chest I recommend placing your feet in front of your knees.  Also note the foot position of the guy on the floor, notice how his feet are in front of his knees, correct. The female on the bench also has correct foot position, if you find this uncomfortable simply put your feet on the bench with bent knees. As always beginners should use the floor or bench, make sure you have control of the weights, if you feel out of control do not use weights or go lighter. Elbows should not touch the floor, and be sure to contract the pectoral muscles (chest muscles) on the way up.

Please note that I do have an extensive back ground in fitness, and if you are just starting out you may have to work a longer period of time to reap the benefits. However, these are two of the best exercises to lift the girls naturally.


2 comments:

  1. I love those exercises! When I first started I told my boyfriend (now husband) that I didn't want to get "big" so i never lift weights. He kinda chuckled cuz without steroids it's pretty hard to "get big."
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is correct Mary, I actually worried about losing what I had. All the females I saw doing them had not a whole lot there is you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete