Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wordless Wednesday

Photo credit: It's Your Life
I made some homemade strawberry bread today. Strawberries are in abundance here right now, but due to a mild winter are over ripe. For this reason they need to be used right away. I searched yesterday for a recipe that was healthy and found one at CD Kitchen. I love that it uses no oil, egg whites and contains only 151 calories and 0 grams of fat.

I did use wheat flour instead of white which does have 5 grams of fat per 1/4 cup, but wheat breaks down in your body slower feeding your body energy. While white flour breaks down faster in your system leaving you hungry sooner, and not as energetic.

It got the approval of the entire household including two boys, 13 & 15.

I posted the recipe, but also included the link.


No comments:

Post a Comment