Thursday, April 5, 2012

Failure

Currently I am studying for the test to become a certified personal fitness trainer. Every day I see successful people in the fitness industry and think to my self, I want to be like them. I want to help make a difference in some one's life.

I was never really good in school, by man's standards I have only a eighth grade education. During my late teens I decided I wanted to go to college, for business, and studied for my GED. I never told anyone what I was doing because I was afraid if I failed everyone would be disappointed in me. Every day for months I would get up at five in the morning, exercise for two hours, get a shower, and head off to work for eight hours. When I got home I would sit with the GED book working on math problems, I was never good in math so I thought this was a good strategy. All of my hard work had paid off I took the test and passed.
Photo credit: Quotes Buddy

Now I sit reading this manual to do what I have wanted to do for years and I am once again afraid of failure. I never liked science, always failed science, now here is all this scientific jargon right in front of my face. I will have two hours to take the test which consists of 140 questions and the cost is $260.00, only because I am a member of Snap Fitness. I can take the test again, and I think about those in other fields who have to take exams and fail, not just once, but more than once. If I fail, I will work harder to achieve what I want.

I look at it like this I have only truly failed if I fall down and never get back up. After all it is my life. and It's Your Life, Live to the fullest, and don't give up.



1 comment:

  1. Before jumping into the bandwagon of immediately taking your General Education Development (GED) test because you qualified and passed the preliminary screening, make sure to consider getting a pre GED test first to further ensure that you will not only pass but get a relatively high and impressive score. Here are some tips on how to prepare yourself from the actual examination through a pre-test.

    ged practice test print out

    ReplyDelete