Thursday, March 8, 2012

Processed Foods

Photo credit: Tips on Living Healthy
Recently I was researching processed foods, just to see what was out there. Personally I feel the best and healthiest way to eat is naturally. God has provided us with everything we need, if we would stop destroying it. I read an article written by a dietician who utilizes what the Food and Drug Administration define as processed, "a processed food “means any food other than a raw agricultural commodity and includes any raw agricultural commodity that has been subject to processing, such as canning, cooking, freezing, dehydration, or milling.”

The rebel inside of me begs to defer with the canning, cooking, freezing, dehydration and milling, unless done by a corporation. While this may alter the food, it is not the same as what corporations are doing. If I go to my garden, pick some veggies and can them, yes, they are processed, but the difference is how they are processed. I think there needs to be two definitions for those processing their own foods verses the corporations procedure for processing foods.

I mean for real, look at the ingredients on any food manufactured by a corporation, would you put that stuff into your homemade food? I sure wouldn't and neither would you, I mean really what is that stuff, if I can't say it I don't want it in my body.

Stick with products that you can create healthy dishes with at home with.You will feel better, trust me. I do a lot of my home made cooking and baking on Saturdays when life is less hectic.

 The 10 Worst Food Ingredients You Should Avoid Like the Plague

I always tell my children not to believe everything you hear or read, I suggest you take the time to do your own accredited research.  Accredited meaning someone who knows what they are talking about, individuals with personal experience to me are the most accredited.


No comments:

Post a Comment