Wednesday, March 21, 2012

PMS and The Menstrual Cycle

Photo credit: liciaberry.com
I learned long time ago that I suffer from PMS. I am usually a very patient and passive person, but once a month that all goes away. I snap at my children and husband about petty little things I would not even consider an issue except once a month. However, one thing both my husband and I have noticed is that as long as I keep up a good work out schedule I am not as irritable. 

Through the years I would force my self to work out even while I was cramping. I noticed many years ago that for some strange reason when I worked out my pain would cease. After many years I finally decided to do some research to find out why this was and was it only me. Good news it is not just me it turns out that exercise releases beta-endorphins, internal opioids which our own natural pain killer.

While we have this natural pain killer so cleverly instilled in our bodies by the good Lord I would recommend working out with an type of real injury. So, next time you are cramping and seek relief start exercising.

I have not figured out yet how to curb those PMS cravings except moderation. 

I did not forget about the images for the weights, I decided to create a video instead. It is my first one, with more to come, and my son is editing it for me. His first time doing something like this also, be patient my beautiful friends it should be up by the end of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment