Thursday, October 17, 2013

Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Feta Cheese Bites


While I was at my friend's house Making Elderberry Syrup she had a family over helping with the garden. She made this great refreshing dish for us and them with a cucumber on the bottom, tomato on top of that, sprinkled with feta cheese, and some pepper. Oh my these were so tasty, some ate them as is, others put them on crackers.

Well I liked them so much I wanted to make my own, but had no feta cheese. I thought how about some cream cheese on top sprinkled with dill weed. They were good, but not as good as hers, next month stopping by the goat cheese booth at the farmer's market for some feta cheese.

You know what I love about these little bites? It is so easy, refreshing on a hot day, (still have them here in Louisiana) and what a great snack or appetizer.


No comments:

Post a Comment