Sunday, August 23, 2015

20 Uses for Leftover Spinach Dip

Spinach dip or even spinach/artichoke dip is very versatile as I discovered this weekend. I doubled the recipe and landed up with a mass of spinach dip. I started thinking how else I could use it outside of dipping our root vegetable chips in it.

We made some squash, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, and green peppers to go in a salad. Instead of using salad dressing I added some of the dip to the salad which was to die for. Wish I thought to take pictures, but I was hungry and have been so busy with the magazine the thought never crossed my mind. Okay so these are the other ways I came up with that spinach dip could be used.
  1. Salad dressing
  2. Spread on a cracker and top with cucumber, olives, or whatever you fancy
  3. Use it on a baked potato
  4. Spread for sandwich, wrap, or roll
  5. Use as a sauce on top of noodles, rice, or quinoa 
  6. Use to create a layered dip
  7. Use as a sauce on flat bread to create a cool veggie pizza
  8. Add it to mashed cauliflower 
  9. Topping for potato pancakes or various fritters 
  10. Make quiche 
  11. Stuffed shells
  12. Omelet or add to scrambled eggs
  13. Soup
  14. Deviled eggs
  15. Bagel spread
  16. Burger topping
  17. Chili topping
  18. Grilled cheese
  19. Quesadila
  20. Fish dip
You might have to change the consistency by adding some milk or cream for a soup or sauce. I only used sour cream and mayonnaise so it is not as thick as if one used cream cheese. One can be totally creative when creating some of these dishes adding whatever you want to for a totally unique dish.

Do you have any other ways to use leftover spinach dip?
Have you tried any of these?

Stop by and get in on the 25 Paleo Mug Muffins e-cook book giveaway.

4 comments:

  1. It's so great to have multiple uses for a single food. It just makes life simpler. Thank you for sharing 20 Uses for Leftover Spinach Dipwith us on the Healthy Happy Green and Natural Party Blog Hop. I'm pinning and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for publishing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the left over spinach Dip for what else Eating LOL
    seriously though... I use left over dip for....my mashpotatos. Gives it a zing.
    or for using as a topping for garlic bread, thin layer and then cheese and goes great with pasta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love making dumplings with it!

    ReplyDelete